Friday, June 10, 2011

Stellar.

I didn't get too much sleep last night, since Haven decided to be wide awake between midnight and 4am. Argh. But on the bright side, she normally sleeps through the night pretty much every night, so I figure I'm way ahead.


When I arrived at Frontrunners for the run this morning, I was more than a little out of it, but I knew that the run would do me good. It was just Cristal and I, so I started us off doing ten and ones. After the first ten minutes, I could tell that Cristal was game for just going for it, so I turned off the interval timer and switched on the chronograph. So glad I did; we had a really great run at a pace perfect for chatting and all the kids were incredibly well behaved. It was like everything just clicked into place. 


We ran a total of 8.7km in roughly 55 minutes. You can view our route here. It was a leisurely pace by our standards, but a really good warmup for the Half-Marathon clinic; those long runs should always be a bit slower than you are used to running.


Once again, I was reminded that I can feel super crappy and a good run will make everything feel better. Ahhh. Bring on the weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment