Thursday, June 23, 2011

Double the workout, double the fun..?

My oh my, I forgot how hard workouts can be! I mean, I run hills all the time with the girls in the stroller, but once I get to the top of a hill, I don't usually turn around and run them multiple times. It's tough!


This week's workout was the same as last week's: run uphill (hard effort) and back down (easy) as many times as you can in five minutes. We did this three times, with a one-minute break between reps.


Yesterday, Cristal, Christy, Laura, Brenda and I ran this workout on a slightly tougher hill than we ran last week. It was a good, hard workout in lovely weather. I could tell we all put in a solid effort; this is a very positive omen for the remainder of the clinic! It's so encouraging to be part of a group who isn't afraid to put in the work.


This evening, Carey and I ran the same (steep!) hill we ran last week, except this time I was running with my girls in the Chariot. What a difference a loaded double stroller makes! Halfway up the last climb, I asked myself why I was feeling so darned awful and in a flash of clarity I thought, "Because you ran this same workout yesterday, Einstein!" Yeah... From now on, I give myself permission to take it easy on one or both of these workouts; I believe that's called self-preservation. :)


So excited about our second long run this weekend. We'll be running one hour leaving from Frontrunners at 8am. Thinking of joining us? Come on out! You can register at anytime at Frontrunners (1200 Vancouver St.) or over the phone (250 382 8181).

No comments:

Post a Comment