Thursday, June 16, 2011

First workout - check.

Half Marathon, here we come!


The Wednesday-Morning-Workout crew consisted of Cristal, Christy, Brenda (she came with us since no one showed up for the drop-in) and me. Cristal and I had our kids, but Christy was lucky enough to be running solo. 


We ran ran a short warm up, then ran three five-minute hill intervals with a one-minute break in between reps. We ran up and down the hill as many times as we could in the five minutes; hard effort on the way up, easy jog on the way down. I picked a hill with a very easy grade, since I wanted to focus more on form and efficiency. Everyone did really well and it was a great introduction to the hard work to come over the next several weeks.


The Thursday-Evening-Workout crew consisted of our newest Running Mom, Carey, and me. Carey was running with her adorable little guy Breck, and I was solo (yay!), since the girls stayed home with their Dad. Carey is a longtime runner and has been running often with her Babe. She has also done some pretty serious hill running, so I chose a considerably tougher hill and we ran the exact same workout as was done Wednesday morning. Carey rocked it and I was more than happy to push myself without having the girls in the stroller. A great workout all around!


I'm not posting the routes for these workouts, since we literally ran up and down the same hills over and over and they would not be very exciting to view. Contact me if you'd still like to see them. 


I am so excited for this clinic. If you think you may be interested, you can still register anytime for the next three or four weeks. Just please contact me before you do so that I know you're planning to join the group. Email me at joy_sara@hotmail.com anytime. 


There is a drop-in run tomorrow morning at 10am and our first long run is Sunday morning at 8am (it will be one hour easy). Bring it on!



No comments:

Post a Comment