Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Welcome.

I didn't wake up feeling very inspired this morning. I hadn't run in two weeks and I was complacent about the whole thing. I got the kids fed, loaded them in the car and headed off to the Stroller Fit clinic, sure that no one would show up. And I was very OK with that. 


As I was getting the girls out of the car, I had a sense that the mere fact that I didn't want to run meant that someone was definitely showing up today. And I was right. So I had to go back to the car and get the stroller and change into my run clothes. Of course.


I have never been so happy to be wrong. The Mom who came out this morning is truly inspiring. She is a recovering addict, almost one-year clean, with a six-and-a-half-month old daughter. But there's more: she has another daughter who is eleven months older who has been in care since she was born and this Mom is doing everything she can to reunite her family. She knows what she has to do and she is doing it, because she understands that things aren't just about her anymore. And it isn't easy. How could it be? On top of everything, she wants nothing more than to be healthy and start a new lifestyle with running. I honestly couldn't have met a more motivated woman.


Thank you for honouring me this morning. You are what Running Moms is all about.




1 comment:

  1. I am glad that I could help inspire you SJ! You are quite an awesome woman and I know you are gonna help me out tremendously, and not just with running. Thank you for sharing my story and maybe inspiring others to come out and get a better lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete