Friday, March 25, 2011

Super glue.


It's my absolute favourite type of running weather: wet, but not really raining, cool, but not really cold, and no wind. Ah, Springtime in Victoria.


We welcomed our first Mom-without-a-stroller today, my good friend Adrianne left her baby boy, Finn, at home with his Dad and joined us for our run. I always say, if you're lucky enough to be able to join us without your stroller, then you might as well take advantage of it!


Today's run was a carbon copy of Wednesdays run. You can check out our route here. Once again, we ran intervals of five minutes running and one minute walking. Our total run time (not including walks) was 26.5 minutes, one minute quicker than Wednesday's time.


As you can see by the photos, the cherry blossoms are in full bloom. When Cristal and I ran through Beacon Hill park on Wednesday, we also saw all the Mallard ducks paired up and it reminded me that we may soon have to give the right of way to parades of ducklings crossing the road. At least I hope we will; there are few things cuter than parades of ducklings.


I'm really pleased that I remembered to pull out my camera and take a series of photos on the run. It's something I've been meaning to do since we started and I plan to do it more often. Many thanks to the Ladies for flashing a smile... Moms thinking of joining us will be more inclined to do so if you guys are smiling, right?

I had such a great time this morning. As always, I'm reminded that the social, friendship aspect of group running is the super glue that can hold the achievement of your personal running goals together. I suppose it's no accident that we call it "creating a bond".



No comments:

Post a Comment